A Crêpe Wedding Cake?

This past weekend my husband and I went to the Charleston Wine + Food Festival with friends. Its our third time going to the festival and every time we have a great time and leave wanting more. Charleston, SC is an amazing town where everything is walking distance, with an abundance of exquisite restaurants and bakeries. Which brings me to this...



Charleston Crêpe Company was one of the participants at the festival and I was immediately drawn to this spectacular cake they had displayed--I looooo--oove crêpes, specially for dessert. This particular one was layered with 100 individually hand-layered crêpes and filled with vanilla creme. Isn't this the most unique idea for a wedding cake? Just add the same flowers you are using for your wedding and voilá! you got your self a delightfully unconventional wedding cake.

They do ship, and prices start at $90--pretty good, huh?

2 comments:

  1. I saw this on another blog today!

    Though the idea is fun, I just can't see this as being a viable replacement for a traditional wedding cake. However, it would be a wonderful replacement for a brunch wedding reception.

    Stop by and say hi! http://blog.weddingish.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, definitely not for a formal evening wedding, but a more casual setting during the day.

    ReplyDelete